Tacoma Patent Lawyer
Patent prosecution is an involved process that is comprised of many steps. These steps include:
- Drafting a patent application
- Filing the application with US and international patent offices
- Answering requests for further information about the idea or innovation from the patent office
- Reviewing additional patents, reports of public disclosures and uses, and non-patent publications in an effort to establish whether or not a similar patent already exists
- Preparing, and possibly arguing, appeals that are filed in the event that a patent application has been denied
At Citadel Patent Law, our attorneys address all aspects of patent prosecution, including the initial review of similar products, and the arguing of final appeals. Our firm possesses over 28 years of experience, and we utilize the extensive knowledge we have acquired in that time to increase our clients' chances of successfully securing the patents they are seeking. If you are interested in filing for a patent, but are unsure as to how to proceed, contact our offices today. A
Tacoma intellectual property attorney will spearhead the prosecution process on your behalf, and take the necessary steps to maximize the likelihood of your application being accepted.
Obtaining a Patent
If you are to obtain a patent, you must be able to provide proof that:
- Your invention is new and novel
- Your invention is useful, functional, and can be applied reproducibly in the real world
- Your invention (or improvement in a certain field) is not obvious to those skilled in that field or discipline
You are required to file an application with the patent office within one year of making your invention publicly available. If you file for a patent application at any point after this, any resulting patent will be deemed invalid.
Contact Tacoma intellectual property lawyer
for professional assistance in prosecuting your patent.